We Will No Longer Offer Termite Pre-Treatments After 12/31/2021
We Provided a Termite Pre-Treatment service that met the requirements for FHA or VA type loans. We no longer provide this service. Not all termite control companies are alike. There are some companies that have not been applying any termiticide at all and don't even have it on their trucks! Here are some tips to choosing a termite control company from the Utah Department of Agriculture:
Choosing a Termite Control Company - Utah Department Of Agriculture and Food
Do-it-yourself termite control is possible using termiticide insecticide concentrate, but because of the difficulty of doing a thorough job, the need for special equipment, and the risks associated with an improper treatment, professional treatment is recommended. Do not be pressured into making a quick decision about purchasing a termite control service. In making your decision, use the following guidelines:
1. Deal with reliable firms.
Ask for and check references (i.e., previous clients that have had termite treatment), and consult the Chamber of Commerce or Better Business Bureau. Be wary of fly-by-night termite control companies. Make sure the firm has liability insurance.
Rocky Mountain Waterproofing has been in business since 1960. We have many references available on request, and we are fully Licensed and Insured.
Get several inspections, opinions, and estimates. Treatment estimates may be highly variable and may differ by over $1000 between the companies. What is important is not necessarily the total dollar figure, but what will be done for the cost. It is important that you understand enough about the treatment so you will get the most for your money.
We are happy to look at plans to get you a exact estimate of the cost to treat your building. We are very competitive in our pricing. We always follow the label so you can be sure that your treatment will be done right, and effective.
3. Get a report detailing:
- whether an active infestation is present, (Not Applicable for Termite Pre-Treatment)
- where the infestation and damage is located, (Not Applicable for Termite Pre-Treatment)
- what structures/areas will be treated and how, (We treat the entire structure, including the garage.)
- what insecticide(s) and rates will be used (We provide a copy of the rates and label on request)
- any warranty or limitations to the treatment, and (We provide a 1 Year Warranty/Guarantee)
- whether the applicator has a current Utah Commercial Pesticide Applicators License with category 15 for Wood Destroying Insects.
All our Applicators have a current Utah Commercial Pesticide Applicator License with the required Wood Destroying Organisms certification.
If you would like to verify a pesticide applicator's license please contact Utah Department of Agriculture and Food (UDAF) at (801) 538-7185
or visit: http://webapp.ag.utah.gov/LicenseLookup/