ICF Foundations are very difficult to waterproof because they have so many seams to address. They are also very prone to have honeycombing throughout the wall.
Ways We Can Repair ICF Foundation Leaks
- Seal the outside of the foundation (Requires foundation be dug up - By others)
- Add a drainage board on outside of foundation (Requires foundation be dug up - By others)
- Remove foam and patch any known leaking areas. (shown in pictures below)
- Remove foam and coat walls with Aquafin - (more info on Aquafin)
- Interier Drainage System - (We don't provide this option but we can refer someone who can)
Please contact us for more information on the avalable options.
Information About The Images Below Of An ICF Foundation Leak Repair
- This foundation was not sealed on the outside and had a large amount of honeycomb.
- We filled the honeycomb with a hydraulic cement.
- Ports were added with Epoxy to allow for injection of Urethane.
- The small plastic ports were used to inject the Urethane foam into the foundation.
- The foam running down the wall is the urethane expanding.
- A water test should be done to verify that all problem areas have been addressed.